Document and Paper Shredding Services
At Protec, we serve home users and businesses of every size. Whether you work in industry, a government agency, or the healthcare field, our paper shredding services ensure that 100% of your sensitive documents are certified destroyed. Call today for more info!
Security, Integrity, Sustainability
Document Destruction for Business & Industry
Documents containing important and confidential information need to be protected and shredded when no longer required. Hefty fines have been imposed on companies for improperly protecting and discarding sensitive personal information. Whether you have a one-time purge of old outdated documents or want to schedule a regular monthly service, our mobile shredding truck allows us to conveniently and securely shred all materials on-premise, ensuring that your important information does not end up in the wrong hands.
- Financial documents
- Personal and confidential information
- Receipts and checks
- Company information
- Policies and reports
- Tax documents
- All paper needing to be recycled
Sorting or removing paper clips or binding is not necessary. Our mobile shredder can handle all types of documents, folders, and paper.
One Time Purge:
Materials are destroyed on-site in our mobile shredding truck. From one box to hundreds of boxes, no job is too big or small. Purge services are offered to businesses and residences in the Birmingham Metro area. If you are outside of the area, call us as we often work in other parts of the state and may be able to accommodate.
How Our Process Works
- Quote: Click HERE for pricing guidelines then fill out the Service Request Form or give us a call to receive a customized estimate.
- Schedule: Upon quote approval, we will setup a time and date for service.
- Retrieve: Protec’s mobile shredding truck will arrive to your location where our professional personnel will securely retrieve your documents and transport all material to a mobile shredding truck.
- Shred: The documents are lifted and emptied into a cross-cut industrial shredder where it’s destroyed in minutes. A certificate of destruction is issued upon completion.
Regularly Scheduled Service:
Our scheduled shredding service offers a cost-effective way to handle your document destruction needs. We arrive on time each week or month and maintain a complete chain of custody for your confidential material with our locked paper storage consoles. All material is shredded on-site and can be witnessed if necessary.
- Secure: Locked containers are provided, keeping all confidential materials secure until they are shredded.
- Convenient: Just insert all confidential documents into our secure locked containers and they will be shredded on-site with our scheduled service.
- Cost effective: Save time and money by scheduling a regular service so that your employees are not spending time shredding documents.
- Compliant: Industry regulations such as HIPAA, FACTA, HITECH, and GRAMM-LEACH-BLILEY ACT require all personal and confidential customer information is to be protected and destroyed when no longer needed. All material is shredded on-site and turned into small pieces, so that no information can be recovered.
- Environmentally Friendly: All shredded paper is recycled into other paper products. One ton of recycled paper saves 17 trees, 7000 gallons of water, 84 gallons of oil, 4100 kilowatts of energy, three cubic yards of limited landfill space and 60 pounds less of air pollutants.
Experienced Document Destruction
We offer secure, chain-of-custody document shredding for:
- Legal Documents
- Medical Records
- Financial and Accounting Documents
NAID AAA Certified
NAID AAA Certification is required by hundreds of government offices and thousands of private contracts. This certification requires that we follow security specifications like employee screening, training, compliance with written procedures, operational security, and use qualified destruction equipment. NAID AAA Certification has the most recognized verification of data destruction qualifications in the world. Protec got this certification to assure our customers – governmental, corporate, and personal – that you can trust us with your data destruction.